Etheriel's Trainee Application

General Questions

1. Do you have at least 72 hours logged on our server? This is required before applying for staff. (Ensure you reference your time log: pause > Statistics > second line)

- Yes, 7.65 Days

2. Have you been a staff member on any other server? If so, which?

- No, This is the only public server I frequently visit

3. What is your discord username? (Please include the numbers subsequent to the username! Example Robingall#2145)

- Etheriel#9114

Staff Questions

1. How old are you? (In years)

2. Do you have any experience with our forums/server?

- Just from interacting with the plugins on the player side.

3. Do you have any experience with any other general plugins?

- No, but willing to learn.

4. Do you understand the Server's anti-grief system?

- I understand what is considered grief and how to check a claim using a stick. I know that staff can see who griefed.

5. Do you have experience of being a staff on another server and/or service?

- This is the only public server I visit frequently but I have a history of being in leadership/administrative roles for college clubs and publications.

6. Have you ever tried creating your own server? How did it go?

- I used to host a private server for myself and friends for casual playing. I feel it went well. I also created several modded servers to play with my friends too.

7. Why do you want to be a trainee?

- I spend a lot of time on the server already and I like to help people in the game. I've gotten friendly with a couple staff and respect how hard it can be to need to have all the answers. I do what I can to welcome new players and answer questions about the plugins and commands if I know them.

8. How long have you been on the Server?

- I forget when I joined but it's been maybe a year.

9. Have you ever been banned? What were you banned for and by whom?

- No.

10. What hours will you most likely be on?(PST)

- I work full time so I could be on starting around 4PM PST and weekends are any time if needed. My home is in EST.

11. Do you understand what a trainee does? Please explain.

- A trainee's job is to assist the staff in handling player concerns and to investigate violations of the server rules as they happen, such as grief or chat abuse. We should be making the game an enjoyable place to be while we are online and represent the staff where necessary.

12. How would you handle a grief report? Example: "Help! I have been griefed :/"

- I would visit the site of the offense, take screenshots and check to see who has altered blocks. If the suspected player is online I would question them and present any evidence. It is possible the grief was accidental or the suspected player didn't realize their mistake. Regardless, I would include all interactions, with screenshots, for review by other staff if there is a further issue.

13. How would you handle someone, or many people, complaining that the server is lagging?

- If it is one person I would ask them to check their computer for background processes that might be slowing down their machine. If it were multiple people I would record the chat, date, and time and file it for review by the system admins for issues with the hosting site.

14. How many warnings would you give before you temp-banned someone?

- Depending on how disruptive they are, I would say minimum two verbal warnings and I would place myself in view of their character so they are aware that staff are watching. If that doesn't work then a temporary ban plus recording the offense to use as evidence.

15. Would you try to collect "evidence" before you ban someone, such as screen shots, ect. ?

- If they have earned a ban then I would absolutely have evidence against them to support that action. I wouldn't consider a ban for something that isn't immediate and overwhelmingly disruptive to the server.

16. If you became a trainee, would you check the ban appeals frequently?

- If that is part of my job then I will check all the ban appeals. I have checked them out previously to see how the process works and what sort of things are bannable offenses.

17. Are you a male or female?

- Male

18. What is your favorite song?

- I don't really have one, but I enjoy anything by Muse, Sia, and You Bred Raptors?

19. Any staff member recommend you? (It's okay if they don't but it's better if you do have one!)

- I was encouraged to apply by RAIN

===============

Edit: This application is only to apply to be a trainiee, nothing else.