PapadeSucre's Trainee Application

1. Do you have at least 72 hours logged on our server? This is required before applying for staff.

I have played for a total of 6.55 days

2. Have you been a staff member on any other server? If so, which?

I’ve been a staff member on 5 servers, most of which have closed. The only server that remains active is called PeacefulCraft, which I have since left about a year ago, it’s very similar in concept to Vivacity.

3. What is your discord username?

PapadeSucre#1880

Staff Questions

1. How old are you? (In years)

18 years old

2. Do you have any experience with our forums/server?

I’ve been playing consistently for about two months now-- not much experience with the forums, however.

3. Do you have any experience with any other general plugins?

I’m very familiar with CoreProtect, Essentials, WorldEdit. I’m also familiar with MCMMO and Jobs.

4. Do you understand the Server's anti-grief system?

From my understanding, the server uses the golden shovel protection system alongside with CoreProtect for block history and potential rollbacks that may be needed.

5. Do you have experience of being staff on another server and/or service?

Yes, I’ve been a staff member on every server I have been consistently active on.

6. Have you ever tried creating your own server? How did it go?

I’ve owned one server and co-owned two others. Two of which have been shut down due to lack of funds or interest. The other server I have since passed on ownership and am not affiliated with the server any longer.

7. Why do you want to be a trainee?

I want to be able to resolve issues I see come up on the server as I find I am active during times where other staff members are busy, which is completely understandable, I just think it would be more efficient to deal with the issues myself rather than having to bother another staff member or make the person who is experiencing issues have to wait. Not only that but I like the community and would like to help players more effectively.

8. How long have you been on the Server?

Coming up on three months now.

9. Have you ever been banned? What were you banned for and by whom?

I have never been banned on any server

10. What hours will you most likely be on? (PST)

This is highly dependant on my work schedule but usually from 4pm-9pm on workdays and whenever on my days off. However, I’m always on discord.

11. Do you understand what a trainee does? Please explain.

A trainee, from my understanding, is a staff member who is in training to become a mod. Not only that but they have access to mute and kick. They are there to moderate the chat and keep the peace. They are generally there to help other players.

12. How would you handle a grief report? Example: "Help! I have been griefed :/"

Firstly, if it hasn’t been already reported on either the forums or the discord, I would ask the person who was griefed to do so. Secondly, I’m not sure if Trainees have access to coreprotect commands but I would use [/co i] on blocks that were reported missing or placed. Once I am able to figure out who was behind the griefing, I would rollback the area under their name in a sufficient radius. Then, depending on the severity of the grief, I would either warn or ban the person behind the griefing. Lastly, I would reply to their report and state in a staff chat that the issue has been resolved in order to prevent confusion.

13. How would you handle someone, or many people, complaining that the server is lagging?

If it were a single person, I would probably just let them know that it is likely their internet connection. I would suggest either waiting for their internet to get better, relogging, or restarting their router

If many people were complaining about lag issues, I would investigate if someone had built a lag machine and if that is the case, I would ask the person who built it to take it down and I would give them a warning. If there isn’t a lag machine, I would consider the weather because rain is known to make people lag. Lastly, I would check the tps and if it is abnormally low, I would alert a higher-up.

14. How many warnings would you give before you temp-banned someone?

It’s highly dependent on the situation; but, typically I would go for two to three warnings. Usually a mute or a warning will resolve the issue but if there is a recurrence, then a more severe punishment would be the way to ensure that they understand that we have rules established that cannot be broken without consequences.

15. Would you try to collect "evidence" before you ban someone, such as screenshots, etc. ?

Innocent until proven guilty. No should be punished without proof of an offence. Proof can be collected through screenshots, videos, and CoreProtect. No one will be banned without a reason with proof.

16. If you became a trainee, would you check the ban appeals frequently?

Every time I hop on the server, I’ll be sure to check the ban appeals.

17. Are you a male or female?

Personally, I don’t find it necessary to answer this question, I’d rather not define myself.

18. What is your favourite song?

Not a favourite song per se but Sempiternal by Bring Me The Horizon is my favourite album and I strongly identify with the messages within the songs, such as practicing what you preach and not remaining idle if there are things you want to change about the world. (The album does have very atheist tones and I’d like to give a fair warning to anyone who is religious, as it can be offensive)

19. Any staff member recommend you? (It's okay if they don't but it's better if you do have one!)

ArgentVirtus, CanadianLady, Ghostface343, RAlN

Toaster

Cobb
Staff member
Administrator
I definitely vouch! You are the sweetest and you are so welcoming & helping with players! I hope you get it! You definitely deserve it. I’m totally late to this but I’ve seen you on a lot so I had to just vouch because you definitely deserve to be part of staff!
Good luck honey!