Vinnxy's Staff Application

Vinnxy

1. Do you have at least 72 hours logged on our server? This is required before applying for staff. (Ensure you reference your time log: pause > Statistics > second line)
I Think so, I feel like i'm always online

2. Have you been a staff member on any other server? If so, which?
I have been staff on several small servers who have since closed along with co-owning a server, so I have a good knowledge of how servers are to be run.

3. What is your discord username? (Please include the numbers subsequent to the username! Example Robingall#2145)
Vinny#0461
Staff Questions

1. How old are you? (In years)
15 years

-

2. Do you have any experience with our forums/server?
I have been playing on the server consistently for just under i month i believe. No i don't have an experience on the forums though. I am also currently active on the server's discord.

-

3. Do you have any experience with any other general plugins?
I am not super familiar with plugins, but i have a general knowledge.

-

4. Do you understand the Server's anti-grief system?
I do understand the anti-grief system, the gold shovel is used to claim rectangular/square areas, and players can gain more blocks used to claim either by buying them or just by play time. This will make sure that no other player is allowed to break blocks, open chests, or open doors on their claimed land. You can also trust players to your claim so that they have permission to do as you can, but can remove them from this at any time.

-

5. Do you have experience of being a staff on another server and/or service?
I do have experience with moderating and even co-owning a few servers. I have held high staff ranks such as admin and co-owner. The server I co-owned was called WinterCraft but it is long gone as that was in early 2018.
-

6. Have you ever tried creating your own server? How did it go?
No, developing definitely isn't my thing.
-

7. Why do you want to be a trainee?
I would like to be a trainee, because i genuinely like ranbow nation. I have played on it consistently for a while and I feel the need to give back and help the server out as much as I can while still playing as I do now. I think that this is a great server and I really like the community as they are very welcoming and I like being a part of that when I am online.

-

8. How long have you been on the Server?
I don't know the exact date but it has been somewhere around a month consistently.

-

9. Have you ever been banned? What were you banned for and by whom?
No, I have not been banned on any server.-

-

10. What hours will you most likely be on?(PST)
I am on Central time and am able to be on anytime after i come back from school and sports practice. So 6-9, and on weekends basically all day because i am certaintly considered a no-life.

-

11. Do you understand what a trainee does? Please explain.
Yes, the job of a trainee is to join the staff at a lower level and get a feeling for the job. Simply giving warnings, and telling higher staff members when there are more serious problems that would require a ban. Trainees can handle things such as keeping the server safe and making sure players are getting along in the chat along with assistance or questions any player may have.

-

12. How would you handle a grief report? Example: "Help! I have been griefed :/"
I would teleport to the player and see what has happened to their land. I would see if there was serious damage that could be handled immediately or would require a rollback so that the player could have their things restored. I would let them know that claiming their land would be the only way to avoid this happening again.

-

13. How would you handle someone, or many people, complaining that the server is lagging?

I would advise the player to relog or restart their game/computer as it is usually an issue with that instead of the server itself. Unless multiple players are complaining about lag, I would let one of the admins know about it as to help the players. I would let the player/players know that I am not immediately able to help with the issue but I would let them know that I am working to get it fixed with a higher up staff member.
-

14. How many warnings would you give before you temp-banned someone?

I am not sure about this server's policy, but on servers I have moderated previously, players have been giving 2 or 3 warnings. So, on the first offense, they would get a simple warning to stop what they are doing and in the case of 2 warnings, the second would be a temporary ban. In the case of 3 warnings, the player would be given one final warning and would be told what punishment they would be facing if they refused to follow rules, and of course if offending again, would receive the temp-ban.
-

15. Would you try to collect "evidence" before you ban someone, such as screen shots, ect. ?
I would definitely not jump to a ban without any sort of evidence. If it was a hacker, I would screen-record or screenshot any direct evidence that I am able to find myself. If there was another staff member on at the time, I would use them as "another eye" so that they would be able to put in a report as well.

-

16. If you became a trainee, would you check the ban appeals frequently?
If part of my job, I would frequently check the ban appeals as to make sure no player was either unfairly banned, or banned for too long of a time.

-

17. Are you a male or female?
Female

-

18. What is your favorite song?
Okay this is lame, i'm really into oldies so ... I Want it That Way by the Backstreetboys
smh ik

-

19. Any staff member recommend you? (It's okay if they don't but it's better if you do have one!)
No

Last edited:

Greg

Staff member
Forum Management
I'm going object simply because of your use of abbreviations and symbols. These applications should be treated as if you were applying for a very important job. I would preffer not see "XD", "haha", "smh", or "ik".

Vinnxy

I'm going object simply because of your use of abbreviations and symbols. These applications should be treated as if you were applying for a very important job. I would preffer not see "XD", "haha", "smh", or "ik".
i revised it, but what about the actual content of the application, how was that?

CanadianLady74

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Vinnxy, I haven't been on at the same time as you except for once and you kept calling me a senior citizen. You will have to get used to playing with older players because we have a very mixed community. Yes, I agree that I am older than the average player but show some respect to advanced staff. Not necessarily advanced in age but senior staff members. I realize it may have been tongue-in-cheek fun but still. We have had staff on here from age 12 up to 64 years old.

CuBe

Forum Management
Staff member
Owner
Forum Management
I think overall you should just improve your general presence/ make it known more. I'm going with neutral, as earlier today you seemed quite heated over your home being griefed, which is understandable but you would typically go against people who are rude and break the rules as a staff and if your temper is that short fused it will not work out very well.

TheNukeDude

Staff member
Developer
I object to this application. You stole and the application itself is terrible. You don't even give how many hours you've been online.

CanadianLady74

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I think overall you should just improve your general presence/ make it known more. I'm going with neutral, as earlier today you seemed quite heated over your home being griefed, which is understandable but you would typically go against people who are rude and break the rules as a staff and if your temper is that short fused it will not work out very well.

If being griefed upset you that much, then why did you do it to someone else?