Ghostface343's Staff Application

Ghost

Staff member
My name is Ghost, known as Ghostface343 on the server, and I am applying for Trainee.

General Questions

1. Do you have at least 72 hours logged on our server? This is required before applying for staff. (Ensure you reference your time log: pause > Statistics > second line)

I have a total of 9.95 days which is 238 hours.

2. Have you been a staff member on any other server? If so, which?

I have not been a staff member on any other server, other than support on RainbowNation.

3. What is your discord username? (Please include the numbers subsequent to the username! Example Robingall#2145)

Ghost [GB]#9209

Staff Questions

1. How old are you? (In years)

I am 20 years old.

2. Do you have any experience with our forums/server?

I joined the server in July of this year, and have started being consistently active since the middle of October. I don’t have much experience on the forums.

3. Do you have any experience with any other general plugins?

I have general knowledge of the McMMO and Grief Prevention plugins.

4. Do you understand the Server's anti-grief system?

The server’s anti-grief system is to allow players to claim blocks of land in order to prevent other players who are not trusted by the user to alter blocks, chests, furnaces, etc, within the claim.

5. Do you have experience of being a staff on another server and/or service?

I do not have any other experience of being a staff member on any other server and/or service.

6. Have you ever tried creating your own server? How did it go?

I have tried to create a server around 2012 when I bought Minecraft for me and my friend to play, before LAN was a thing, nothing came out of it.

7. Why do you want to be a trainee?

I want to become a trainee because I feel I can be helpful in keeping our community and server a great environment for our players to enjoy themselves, as well as attracting new players and not alienating them from not joining our community.

8. How long have you been on the Server?

I have been on the server for 4 months, and consistently active since October.

9. Have you ever been banned? What were you banned for and by whom?

I have never been banned on the server.

10. What hours will you most likely be on?(PST)

I can most likely be on any hours from 12pm to 12am PST, but can change due to starting college and working very soon, in which I would be active 9pm to 12am, and more active on the weekends.

11. Do you understand what a trainee does? Please explain.

A trainee’s job is to maintain the server’s environment by making sure all players are enjoying themselves, and not being threatened/harassed by other players, monitoring the server from any instances of rule-breaking such as griefing, and handling questions and situations that arise from any player.

12. How would you handle a grief report? Example: "Help! I have been griefed :/"

I would examine the area that has been griefed. While examining, I would ask the time difference between now and the last time the player was on, whether or not they claimed the area, who they trusted in the land, and take screenshots. After getting my information and screenshots, I would report it to a higher-up staff member to handle the situation further from there.

13. How would you handle someone, or many people, complaining that the server is lagging?

If one person was lagging, I would ask if it was connection lag, or computer lag. If it was computer lag, I’d recommend restarting minecraft and/or cleaning the computer. Based on connection lag, I’d recommend restarting their router. If multiple people are lagging, I would seek out a higher staff member to see if there is anything to be done about the lag i.e server restarts, and then report back to the players.

14. How many warnings would you give before you temp-banned someone?

I would give three warnings before temp-banning someone. For some situations, such as disruptive chat spam/harassment, I would give a warning, and then a mute before having to give them a temp-ban, hoping that the mute would be more than enough to set them straight.

15. Would you try to collect "evidence" before you ban someone, such as screen shots, ect. ?

Yes, I would take screenshots of my actions such as warnings, mutes, and also that of the user’s actions that warranted the ban.

16. If you became a trainee, would you check the ban appeals frequently?

I would check the ban appeals frequently, because if I am present at the moment of the situation said person was banned for, I can be of use in helping the other staff in deciding on the appeal.

17. Are you a male or female?

I am a Male.

18. What is your favorite song?

My favorite song is Runaway by Peep. I love it because when I lost my mother, I was always running away from it and downing it rather than trying to accept it.

19. Any staff member recommend you? (It's okay if they don't but it's better if you do have one!)

-Greg
-RAlN
-IcyGem